Admissions and Application
Prospective students must complete an application in order to be considered for admissions into the MLS program. The online application can be accessed via the link at the bottom of the page. Below are the admission requirements for entry into the MLS Program.
In addition to the University of Kentucky requirements, students seeking admission to the MLS program must complete the following pre-requisite or pre-professional courses. The following courses need to be completed before beginning the MLS program:
- 1 semester of general biology with laboratory
- 2 semesters of general chemistry with laboratory
- 1 semester of organic chemistry with laboratory
- 1 semester of general microbiology with laboratory
- 1 semester of statistical methods
- 1 semester of human physiology (or combined course in physiology and anatomy)
The minimum GPA for entrance into the MLS program is a 2.5 on a 4.0 scale.
- Complete the online application for the Medical Laboratory Science Program
- Submit three recommendation forms and provide official copies of all higher education transcripts
- More information regarding the recommendation forms and transcripts is provided in the online application documents.
After the deadline for applying to the MLS program, application packets will be reviewed. Qualified applicants may participate in a brief interview by MLS faculty member(s).
Completion of application to the University of Kentucky (if currently not a UK student)