Appalachian Community Health Days - Wolfe County, KY
University of Kentucky Center of Excellence in Rural Health and Kentucky Homeplace invite you to attend Appalachian Community Health Days, coming soon to your community.
Appalachian Community Health Days Highlights
- Free Health Screenings
- Diabetes Testing
- Blood Pressure Checks
- Free Tee Shirts to COVID-19 Vaccinated Individuals (Must present a valid COVID-19 vaccination card)
- Free COVID-19 Vaccines on site
- Giveaways and Door Prizes
- Meet your local Community Health Workers to learn more about how they can help you break healthcare barriers including services such as:
- Insurance application assistance
- Free or low-cost medication
- Free eye glasses/eye exams
- Applying for low-income subsidy through Social Security
Use the interactive map below to see exact dates, times and locations for Community Health Days across a 32-county region of Kentucky and West Virginia. If you would like to be a vendor, please contact the Community Health Worker listed on the map to reserve space.
Vaccine Facts at a Glance
- There are no live viruses in the COVID-19 vaccine; recipients are not at risk of catching the disease.
- COVID-19 vaccines do not change or interact with your DNA in any way.
- You cannot get sick with COVID-19 from the authorized vaccinations.
- Getting vaccinated not only protects you, but those around you.
Increasing the COVID-19 Vaccination Rates in Rural Appalachia Kentucky is supported by the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) as part of an award totaling $3,380,780 with 0% financed with non-governmental sources. The contents are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily represent the official views of, nor an endorsement, by HRSA, HHS, or the U.S. Government. For more information, please visit HRSA.gov.