Want to get involved? Become an ambassador!
The University of Kentucky Center of Excellence in Rural Health (UK CERH) initiated its Rural Health Ambassador (RHA) Program in 2014. The RHA Program supports the mission of the UK CERH by promoting student growth and leadership, service to the Center and the community, personal and professional development, increased awareness of CERH academic programs, community engagement, and shared responsibility. For more information about the RHA Program, please contact LeeAnn Helton (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Jessica Williamson (email@example.com).
Serving as a Rural Health Ambassador comes with many great benefits! Our ambassadors receive a shirt and name badge to wear at events, reimbursement of travel expenses and a certificate and cord at graduation. In conjunction with the material benefits, the experience of an ambassador allows for the development of leadership skills, enhancement of public speaking skills, networking within the Center, University, various colleges and the community. Your time spent as an ambassador is also an excellent addition to your resume!
RHA Ambassadors have a wide range of responsibilities, including, but not limited to:
- Assisting with recruitment events such as UK Preview Nights (a minimum of two events per academic year).
- Providing service to the Center, as needed.
- Engaging in community service projects.
- Mentoring local middle- and high-school students, when applicable.
- Assisting with Center tours.
- Speaking to local groups (civic, educational, community committees, etc.) on topics related to rural healthcare and the Center’s academic programs.
- Serving on local wellness coalitions, committees, and workgroups, when appropriate
- Collaborating with Center staff to assist with the organizing social events for CERH students via participation with CERH Special Events Committee.
- Attending monthly meetings and/or trainings.
Ambassadors should expect to spend at least 10 hours per month devoted to their RHA duties during their 12 month term.
Want to become an ambassador? Apply here.